10 Things to Know Before Having Your Car Repaired
Your car is likely the second largest investment you’re likely to make, so preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally at All Colors Body Shop
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages. We will gladly arrange for your car to be towed to the closest All Colors facility at our expense if we receive the job.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our location and ask that the insurance company come to inspect the car. All Colors Body Shop works closely with all of the major insurance companies and we keep close communication with insurance companies to advise them of all work and repairs that need to be done to our customer’s vehicle.
- As a consumer, it’s nice to know that there is no law that requires you get more than one estimate or appraisal on your vehicle. You have the right to get as many comparison estimates as you’d like in order to help you make an informed decision about your collision repair options.
- You have the right to take your vehicle to the collision repair center of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you’ve received, just ask a friendly service advisor at our location.
- Make sure that the collision repair center offers a warranty. All Colors Body Shop offers a 5 year warranty.
- Let us help you work with your insurance company. All Colors Body Shop has established positive business relationships with virtually every auto insurance company. Our ability to “cut through the red tape” ensures a smoother, faster repair process.